1. When should order my Prom Tuxedo?
We recommend that you contact the Selix Formalwear location nearest you or schedule an appointment as soon as you know of an event for which you will need a tuxedo. It is never too early to come in and reserve your desired selection. Selix Formalwear locally carries over $5,000,000 dollars of inventory and never charges a rush fee for orders placed a minimum of 3 days in advance.
2. What is the hottest tuxedo style this year that will make me look good for my prom?
Selix Formalwear is the premier Northern California dealer of the new Ike Behar Super 120 Fitted Tuxedo. In addition Selix Formalwear carried the latest prom fashions in tapered microfiber tuck shirts, flat front and skinny tuxedo pants and narrow toe designer tuxedo shoes.
3. My date has not selected the color of their ensemble yet. Should I wait until it is chosen before I come in to rent my tuxedo?
No. Come right in! It is important to reserve your tuxedo early. Selix Formalwear can help you select styles and colors that will work with almost any color your date wears. Selix Formalwear carries over $5,000,000 dollars of inventory in our local distribution center and can accommodate your last minute color needs.
4. How much is my student discount for prom? How much will my tuxedo cost? Do I have to pay for my tuxedo up front?
Selix Formalwear has a wide range of pricing for every student budget. Tuxedo pricing begins with 8 select styles at $39.95, which includes a coat, pant, shirt, bowtie, cummerbund and jewelry. All other styles beyond promotionally priced tuxedos will be offered at a $40 dollar student discount for prom. It is preferred that you prepay your tuxedo rental to expedite the pick up process. Selix Formalwear requires only a $20.00 partial payment at your initial tuxedo fitting, with the final payment due when you pick-up your tuxedo.
5. My date has an unusually colored dress and she wants my tuxedo to match what she’s wearing. What do I do?
Selix Formalwear carries more than 100 different colors and styles in vests and various cummerbunds. Unlike many other formalwear companies, Selix Formalwear consults all dress manufacturers to make sure we always have the latest and most popular colors. We have YOUR color at Selix Formalwear.
6. I am going to several proms this season. Can I get a discount if I rent more than once from Selix Formalwear? Or should I just buy a tuxedo?
Selix Formalwear understands that the total cost for a dance or prom can get expensive. Please visit your nearest Selix Formalwear location on how to earn free tuxedo rentals or additional discounts. Remember tuxedo pricing begins with 8 select styles at $39.95, which includes a coat, pant, shirt, bowtie, cummerbund and jewelry. All other styles beyond promotionally priced tuxedos will be offered at a $40 dollar student discount for prom.
7. Can I rent or purchase a hat, scarf, gloves or cane and other formalwear accessories?
Selix Formalwear offers all of these items and many more. Most of these items we sell so that you can keep them once the dance is over. Visit your nearest Selix Formalwear location for details.
8. How soon can I pick up my prom tuxedo and should I try it on?
Selix Formalwear will inform you of your pick-up date and time when you reserve your tuxedo. Your rental receipt will also contain this information in case you are unsure. We do request that you try on your tuxedo upon pick up. Our fashion consultant will show you how to adjust the pants, vest, bowtie (or necktie) and jewelry. Last minute changes and alterations can be scheduled at this time.
9. How soon do I have to return my prom tuxedo after the dance?
Your prom tuxedo rental is due at any Selix Formalwear location on the day following your high school prom. It is imperative you return your tuxedo on time to avoid any late fees. Incase of emergency please contact your local Selix Formalwear location.
10. Can someone else return my tuxedo after the dance?
Yes. Selix Formalwear asks that you make sure that all items are included.
11. How can I become a Selix Formalwear Prom Rep (Representative) to earn a free tuxedo and possible cash reward(s)?
Contact the nearest Selix Formalwear location for details on our “student representative program.” Please call the number at the top of this page to speak to the Selix Formalwear location nearest you or call 1-800-SELIX TUX (1-800-735-4988)
12. If I rented a tuxedo rental last year from Selix Formalwear, will Selix Formalwear still have my measurements?
Selix Formalwear maintains your sizes indefinitely. We do suggest that you get remeasured to update your file, in the event that any of your sizes have changed.